[Zope] authenticate() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:07:02 +0100

Hamzat Kamal writes:
 > Kindly help me if you have solution / ideal to this error.
 >
 > Error Type: TypeError
 > Error Value: authenticate() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)
 >
 > Below is the python method for the authetication
 >
 > autheticate(self, password, request):
 >
 > if password == self.password:
 >         return 1
 > else:
 >         return 0
The method requires 3 parameters but is called with just 2.

The last line in the traceback tells you where the function
is called (with the wrong number of parameters). Look
there, whether you can change the code.

Note: Methods have an implicite (first) parameter passed automatically.

Dieter