[Zope] e: [Zope] using mysql LOAD command to store values into table from zopemgt screen (is it realistics?)

hamzatk@3dresearch.com hamzatk@3dresearch.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:27:54 -0500 (EST)

Hello Nitin,

Please I need your utmost support to get this done.

First and foremost i am new to php, infact i have never lay my hands on it
before.

Please how do i get this done. I wouldn't mind if you can tell me in a
layman's lang.

Then my situation is that i have limited access to the Mysqlserver at the
remote site.
.
where do i get PhpMyadmin?
I am desperate to get this done. Bcos I have wasted alot of time trying to
get it solved.

What i was actually looking for was to use SSh (through telnet) then my
host is not ready to give me that kind of priviledge.

I wiil be glad if you can put me through.

or is it possible to achieve this from zope mgt interface through mysql
methods or python script. I expect the LOAD command to work at ZMI since it
is one of the MySQL command just like INSERT command.

Best Regards.

At 09:32 AM 12/8/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Funny you should ask, I just did this last night using Apache and
>PhpMyadmin at the
>myslq server machine. PhpMyadmin is a Php script that is and admin app
>for mysql.
>
>Upload of data worked flawlessly.  You may not have the time right now
>but at the next opportunity
>install this combo and you will save days of commandline work,
>especially when adding and removing columns from
>tables, changing datatypes of table columns and adding andremoving
>primary keys and indexes.
>Also for dump of tables and data.
>Incredible time saver.
>
>Nitin
>
>Hamzat Kamal wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have my zope server and mysql server at the remote site.
>>
>> I can logged in to my zope server from my local computer but yet to be
able
>> to log into mysql server.
>>
>> I have already created a table into database inside mysql server at the
>> remote site through the Mysql database adapter (MySQLDA) created inside
the
>> zope server.
>>
>> I didn't want to use INSERT COMMAND to store values into this table (for
>> obvious reasons) so i would have preferred LOAD command. I have already
>> tried these ffg. from the MySQL Database Connection management screen but
>> all failed..
>>
>> LOAD DATA FROM "C:\text.txt" INTO TABLE test
>> error :ProgrammingError
>> Error Value: (1064, 'You have an error in your SQL syntax near \'from
>> "c:\\text.txt" into table test\' at line 1')
>>
>> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "text.txt" INTO TABLE test
>> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "c:\text.txt" INTO TABLE test
>> error:The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream
server.
>> The proxy server could not handle the request
POST /jambng_db/manage_test.