[Zope] E-shops ??

sirius legend nu@goa.hu
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:32:43 -0800

  Hi,

i've just checked thru most of the existing opensource zope shops:
http://www.zope.org/Products/commerce
None of them was right for me, because it needed a Zope Product, that
didn't work on my w32 development box, or was a very different concept.
Most of the projects hadn't been updated for several months.

So i develop another. It uses ZODB for storage, ZMI for management
interface,
and now CoreSessionTracking for shopping cart data storage.
No other Zope Product or any RDBMS required.
It also includes a solution for handling different versions of products
( color/etc ).
I try to keep it very simple, as it should be. It's designed for small
shops.
At the moment it's only some scripts, if it will be ready will be a Zope
Product
providing ZClasses for "product category" and "product" and "product
version",
and a "cart" object.
( I hope the e-shop's products and Zope Products are not confusing... )

I'd like to share my solutions and also would join a Z shop opensource
project,
which fits my needs.
I can send you more details about my not-yet-ready cart if you're
interested .

Bye,

 martin