[Zope] Fake Cache

Andy Jewell andy_jewell@fanniemae.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:27:31 -0500

Can anyone recommend a way for me to pre-load some pages?  I don't want
to use the RAM cache because Zope is running on my workstation and the
number of pages I want to load is pretty significant.  I had read on the
list one time about a recommendation to have a method write/update a
DTML Document and then write a cron job that executes the method
periodically.  This would work fine for me but I'm having trouble (being
a relative Zope newbie) figuring out how I might make my scripts write
directly to a DTML Document.  For example, let's say this is my DTML
Method called SummaryReport

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
  <dtml call "FindandDisplayThisAndThat()">
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

In concept, what I think I want to do is periodically do this (again -
in concept, I know I can't do THIS!):
SummaryReport > GeneratedPage.html

And then just reference GeneratedPage.html instead of the DTML Method
that requires all the time to run.  I'm figuring there's something like
an ObjectManager method that can generate an HTML page and write it as a
DTML Document but I just can't find anything about this.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Andy