[Zope] Re: Sendmail problem

olpa@sybcom.de olpa@sybcom.de
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:36:58 +0100 (CET)

On Yesterday, Jin Chen wrote:

> Subject: Sendmail problem
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:50:13 -0800
> To: olpa@sybcom.de
> From: Jin Chen <jchen@nautilus.org>
>
> Dear Oliver,
>
> I am very excited to read your posting. I was bothered by the same problem
> for a long time and didn't solve it. I follow your idea and modified my
> code but I had the same error message as before. Would you please give me
> any suggestion?

i will try to do my best

> How can I set up the 'SMTP Host' in MailHost object?

create a mailhost object, and put in "smtp host" the hostname of your smtp
server. you can test the smtp server by doing a telnet on port 25 on it
and he should answer "220 blabla"

> Can I use a variable in the mailfrom, such as mailfrom=<dtml-var
> pemail>?

yes, directly with mailfrom=pemail

> Feedback code is:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
>
>     <H2>We want your Feedback!</H2>
>
>     <form action="SendFeedback" method="post">
>     Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" size="40">
>     Email: <input type="text" name="pemail" size="40">
>     <textarea name="comments" rows="10" cols="50">
>     Type your comments here.
>     </textarea><br>
>     <input type="submit" value="Send Feedback">
>     </form>
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
> SendFeedback Code is:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <dtml-sendmail mailhost=MailHost mailfrom=jen@nautilus.org
>                mailto=jen@nautilus.org>

this is bad and should be (you just forgot some quotes)
<dtml-sendmail mailhost=MailHost mailfrom="jen@nautilus.ort"
               mailto="jen@nautilus.org">

> From: jen@nautilus.org
> To: jen@nautilus.org
> Subject: blabla
>
> Feedback from : <dtml-var name>
> </dtml-sendmail>
>

>     <h1>Thank you for your input!</h1>
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
> Error is:
>
> Zope Error
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: error
> Error Value: (10061, 'Connection refused')

the connection refused can be checked with the telnet trick... simply do
telnet smtphost 25 and look if you can connect. If you cannot connect,
then you must ask your sysadmin what is the name of the smtp server.

---
  "I suppose the secret to happiness is learning to appreciate the moment."
-Calvin
---
 mailto:olpa@sybcom.de    :                         :
 phone :+49 681 56600600  :    project department   :          SYBCOM GmbH
 fax   :+49 681 56600660  :                         : http://www.sybcom.de