[Zope] A Catalog of Zope Products?

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:28:49 -0500

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:08:09AM -0800, Dan Shafer wrote:
> Over the past couple of weeks, I've read a few messages on this list
> along the line of:
>
> "Hey, I need to be able to do X. Anyone know how to do that?"
>
> "Yeah, use Product Y."
>
> This got me to thinking. Is there a central repository that catalogs
> all Zope products and provides some explanation of what they do? If
> there is, perhaps a prominent pointer to it on Zope.org? If not, does
> this seem like a useful idea? How would it be undertaken? Volunteer
> effort, presumably.

Actually, there is a volunteer effort underway to make the Zope.org site more
usable. It is still in its early stages (functional spec), but you could
maybe help out already; see the discussion on Zope-Web:

  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2001-December/date.html

The project homepage is about to appear at

  http://www.zope.org/Resources/Community/Zope

If it is not there yet in an hour or so, you can bug Paul (CC-ed) about it.

--
Martijn Pieters