[Zope] Authentication (newbie)

Nagy Gabor linux42@freemail.c3.hu
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 00:12:36 +0100

Hi! I'm new to this list, and new to zope.

What I would like to create is a website on a Linux box, that users of
our intranet could access.

I don't want to enter every user again, and give them new passwords, I
want to use the existing windows domain's data. (We are talking about
authentication, I think). I'm not sure in the setup of the roles and
permissions, but it will come later.

I've checked the list of possible Alternative User Folders at
http://www.zope.org/Products/user_management today, and found that there
are at least two products doing this same thing. Alas I don't remember
their names, but I remember that the one that sounded better required
the recompilation of python so that it will be able to use the smb
module. Sort of.

So, Two questions:
-Which product do you recommend for this thing?
-Isn't there a product that simply uses PAM? I saw all sort of things,
but for quite a lot of them we (I) already have PAM modules. (LDAP,
NT-domain, /etc/passwd, radius, mysql...). Maybe there is, I just didn't
find it. (But then why do such a lot of products exist for doing the
same thing again?)

Bye!
Gee