[Zope] Runing Zope-2.4.1 on OpenBSD 2.8, "mysite:8080/manage" won't load.

Warren Postma warren-postma@rogers.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:55:19 -0500

I have gotten Zope-2.4.1 installed onto my ISP's OpenBSD system, after
initially being tripped
up by OpenBSD's BSD version of TAR, which does not like the @LongLink
feature of GNU Tar,
thus Zope filenames were truncated.

Now that it's up and running, I can access mysite:8080, which gives me the
QuickStart page, but when I try to go to the /manage page, it gets as far as
showing three frames, and then either loads part of the top one where the
Zope logo is, or even sometimes part of the left one (where the contents
tree pane is), but never the largest one on the bottom right hand side,
which should contain the view of the current page.

I have found by killing and restarting ZOpe repeatedly (sometimes up to a
dozen times), I can get the mysite:8080/manage page to open ONCE, but after
a few clicks, it freezes up again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Help!

Warren Postma