[Zope] Q: Folks with open source experience in Asia?

Nitin Borwankar nitin@borwankar.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:00:04 -0800

The Chinese government has put significant resources in creating native
language versions of Linux.  Due to Microsoft's copyright enforcement,
the govt has also recommended that departments use Linux and Open Source
tools where possible.

In India Linux use is spreading at the university and technical college
level.  There are efforts to make native language character sets for
open source word processors created by government funded efforts.

These are just starter leads for follow up research.  The China/Linux
connection has been widely reported.  The India/Open Source connection
is not so widely known, nor reported.

Nitin Borwankar