[Zope] enhanced Virtual Host Monster question.

Jeffrey Robinson Jeffrey.Robinson@MCICoach.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:56:09 -0600

Hi Folks;

On a Zope site I'm working on right now I'm using Apache to serve up some
virtual hosts, and am using the enhanced VirtualHostMonster to help with the
mapping.

This works quite well when I have a domain mapped directly to a directory in
Zope, but in one instance I have a mostly static site and then a catalogue
which is dynamic.

So when users go to www.fakedomain.foo Apache routes them straight to the
static content.  When people go to www.fakedomain.foo/catalogue they are
rerouted to a directory in Zope.  Right now I have everything working fine
with Apache doing the remapping and a SiteRoot in the directory on Zope...
but there're a few things I find bothersome about having the siteroot there.
(Probably more an aesthetic thing than anything else).

When I try to use the virtualhostmonster with the /catalogue link I can't
see to get things quite right.
(forgive my sample as I don't have access to the server right now)
I have a line much like: Rewrite /
http://location.of.zope:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.fakedomain.com:80/_vh_
catalogue
>From what I got from the VirtualHostMonster documents this would be the
proper way to do it; but alas Zope just gets grumpy at me trying to access
an object beginning with "_"

Am I just taking the wrong approach, or is the SiteRoot the best/only way to
do what I'm trying to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

Jeff Robinson