[Zope] Re: Printable Page Question

Jason Earl jason.earl@simplot.com
18 Dec 2001 10:07:54 -0700

I saw another solution somewhere on Zope.org (it's been a while) that
I thought was fairly clever.  I have used it very successfully to get
both printer friendly pages and navigation friendly pages from the
same content.

Basically what I have is an index_html method in the root of my site
that basically looks like this.

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var content_html>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

I then have another dtml method (in each folder of my site) called
"content_html" that holds the actual content.

So if I call the method like this:

http://myhost.com/mycontent/

the root index_html is called and my content_html method is wrapped in
a navigation bar.  If it is called like this:

http://myhost.com/mycontent/content_html

I get the same thing sans navigation.

Jason