[Zope] Code style check

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:06:07 -0800

>From within a DTML page, I'm calling an external method 'EditEntry'
like this:

Inside the external method, I'm extracting the name of the page and
the 'entry' value like this:

pageID = self.absolute_url().split('/')[-1]
entryNumber = self.REQUEST['entry']

This works. But does it look idiomatically reasonable, or is there
a more commonly accepted way to do it?

always-more-than-one-way-oops-that's-perl-ly yours

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar