[Zope] opinion: Komodo as an IDE for Zope work.

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:11:23 -0800

Komodo suffers the exact same way most other editors suffer in that they try
and guess the file type by the extension. One of the other editors I tried
EditPlus has the exact same problem. The only editor I know of that does not
have this problem is Boa Constructor because it has Zope specific code.

Anyway back to Komodo:

View -> View as Language -> Python

But heres a neat trick: go to Edit -> Preferences the File Associations.

By adding a new association of * to Python, files will open up as default in
Python. Or, I use a general naming scheme in Zope of foo_dtml and foo_py so
I have added _dtml as XML and _py as Python, _sql as SQL and so.

Komodo has a bunch of other features of course: debugging, remote debugging
of Zope, auto complete, syntax highlighting and so on.

If you have any other comments: komodo-feedback@ActiveState.com would like
to hear them.

Cheers.
--