[Zope] DCOracle2/ZOracleDA - Unable to create a connection

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:24:27 -0500

On Wednesday, December 19, 2001, at 03:10 , Todd Graham wrote:

> I just successfully got the latest PR1 to compile on RedHat 7.1
> connecting
> to 9i via Zope 2.4.3, What sort of problems are you having?
> Strangly enough
> when I renamed the folder DCOracle2 to ZOracleDA the product
> imported into
> Zope fine but when I went to add a connection I always got invalid
> connection string.  After you compile it try to move the DCOracle2
> folder
> into your products directory, this worked for me.  And when I go
> to add a
> connection the product is listed as DCOracle2 Database Connection and
> DCOracle2 Stored Procedure.
>
> Let me know if this helps,

Todd,

Thanks for the response. I've installed the package as both
DCOracle2 and ZOracleDA in my lib/python/Products/ directory, and
both have appeared in the Product Information page in the Control
Panel without the broken icon ( which I assume means it's been
installed properly ). However, I don't get any option to add either
a DCOracle2 Database Connection nor a DCOracle2 Stored Procedure
from the "Select Type to Add..." pull down menu. There's just
nothing there with Oracle in the name.

Zachery Bir <zbir@urbanape.com>
<URL:http://www.urbanape.com/>