[Zope] Strange PCGI Problems

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:10:37 +0300

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 03:54:08PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
> >    There is no connection. PCGI is just a protocol to pass data between
> > Zope and Apache. How you configure Zope is beyond PCGI protocol scope. I
> > used Zope without virtual hosting at all, and I use Zope now with standard
> > VirtualHostMonster - no problem.
>
> so are you saying that there's no big comparison to be made between
> mod_pcgi2 and mod_proxy as methods of connecting zope to apache?  that

   Yes. I heard rumors that mod_pcgi2 is slightly faster, but I beleive the
difference is marginal. Also add mod_fastcgi here. I cannot see any speed
difference, and it requires more complex configuration... but I managed it
finally, just to learn its configuration.

> it just amounts to what you're comfortable with?

   Yes, exactly! :)

> ok, I suppose I'm going to have to get off my lazy ass and try them both
> side-by-side, myself... ;-)

   You are always welcome! :)

Oleg.
--