[Zope] Emacs, ange-ftp, zope ftp serv, auto mode loading and font-lock-mode

Peter Sabaini cccp@oeh.tu-graz.ac.at
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:14:32 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Azboklin Lirik wrote:

>=20
> >Chances are good that Zope isn't giving Emacs enough of a clue as to w=
hat kind of file you
> >are editting. Emacs either needs a '.' extension
>=20
> Actually, what I do is name my python files myfile_py and html files my=
file_html.=A0 I tried
> naming my files with .py, etc but that causes problems when trying to a=
ccess them in python
> because of the object dot notation.=A0 So in my .emacs file I have the =
following
>=20
> ;; HTML Mode
> ;; ---------
> (setq auto-mode-alist
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 (cons '("\\_html$" . html-mode) auto-mode-alist))

[...]

Might be the double backslashes in front of "_html" -- they are=20
necessary if its a ".html" extension because the first element is=20
supposed to be a regular expression -- a dot is special for a regex,=20
but an underscore is not.

Ive got auto-mode-alist set up like this: =20

;; everything which ends in _dtml turns on html-mode
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("_dtml$" . html-mode) auto-mode-alist))

and it works just fine (ftp or local). =20

> >being able to hack the whole thing with >Emacs via FTP is priceless.
>=20
> Totally!

Yes! I cant stand lisp but emacs rocks my world ;)

ru,
peter.

--=20

peter sabaini, mailto: c c c p@oeh.tu-graz.ac.at
"technology: connections that won't, upgrades that can't, hotsyncs=20
that don't, standards that never are, wireless transmittors radiating
who knows what..." (wash. post)                        icq: 122112836