[Zope] Uploading lots of little files to zope

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:31:08 +0100

On Friday 21 December 2001 09:08, Thierry Florac wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 05:31, Bruce Eckel wrote:
> > I now have lots of little files -- thousands -- to upload to Zope
> > every time I do an update of a book. FTP-ing is quite painful. Is
> > there some better solution; is there a way to upload a zip file and
> > then expand it? Or is that something I must write an external
> > method to do?
>
> You could probably use LocalFS, which maps a physical filesystem
> hierarchy into a Zope folder...
> Look at zope.org for the URL and informations.

Or integrate the ./utilities/load_site.py script.
Quite a lot has been done to that script lately and I don't remember where
the latest script is.
Searching the mailinglist you'll find that a man called "Jerome" has created
on that has enhancements you might need.
It can take a whole folder and upload into a Zope folder.

host zope]$ python utilities/load_site.py -u username:password
http://host/doc/photos ~/photos/newphotos

The enhancement you'll need is support for overwriting. If you want it to
overwrite or to leave existing object ids without error.

Peter