[Zope] Uploading lots of little files to zope

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:39:23 -0800

I installed and tried this -- very nice EXCEPT it creates the files
as application/octet-stream rather than DTML-docs.

However, I discovered I could still pull off my little include
trick with the application/octet-stream files. So it does work! And
it's one less step than my approach. Thanks for pointing it out.

<Bruce@EckelObjects.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I now have lots of little files -- thousands -- to upload to
Zope
>> every time I do an update of a book. FTP-ing is quite painful.
Is
>> there some better solution; is there a way to upload a zip file
and
>> then expand it? Or is that something I must write an external
>> method to do?
>>
>> Thanks...
>
>One of Zanta's Elves made
>http://www.zope.org/Members/snej/ZipFolder
>
>Paul
>
>--
> The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ,
UK
>   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar