[Zope] Emacs, ange-ftp, zope ftp serv, auto mode loading and font-lock-mode

Azboklin Lirik azbok@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:04:18 -0500

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a space at the end of my file names!!...the process of figuring it
out is below (and other useful emacs stuff)

Thanks Jason Earl and Peter Sabaini, but unfortunately for me removing the
slahes it still doesn't work.  I'm pretty sure both regex's are equivalent
(I may be wrong but I have studied regex's)

Ok I looked in the buffer that emacs creates when ftp'ing
*  *ftp azbok@localhost 8021*  4037 Internal Ange-ftp

In there there's an ftp command that emacs sends out which for me is:

150 Opening Binary mode data connection for file
'/Control_Panel/Products/TableWidget/TableWidget/propertysheets/methods/index_html
'

SO, I happened to notice the quotes surrounding the file name. Zope sticks a
space at the end of the filename for some reason.  I did click on rename in
the management interface and there is no space.  WHY IS THERE A SPACE???

My new emacs lisp is like so:

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("_py ?$" . python-mode) auto-mode-alist))

The ? after the space makes it optional.  This way it works either way.  I
included this for the html and sql files also.  HORRAY!

--------

More emacs stuff.  I was searching about for html modes and found
html-helper-mode.  You can get it at
http://www.gest.unipd.it/~saint/hth.html
It has a bunch of templates set up. I'm just learning it now.