[Zope] modification date of calling document

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 01:31:44 +0000

>I was thinking of putting a "Last modified:" line in my
>standard_html_footer, but I don't (yet) see how to get
>the modification time of the document or method that is
>calling standard_html_footer.

Ok, I figured out how to do what I was trying to do.
I have a python method called modDate in my Root Folder:

d = context.REQUEST.PUBLISHED
date = d.bobobase_modification_time().Date()
return date

and reference it from my standard_html_footer as
<dtml-var modDate>

Only now I realize that this is not all that useful
as so many of my pages pull in their content from
other objects. So how about a better question:

Anyone know how to find the modification date for a
composite page?

Lee Harr
missive@hotmail.com