[Zope] ZMySQLDA compile error

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:32:19

>From: Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>

>    You are trying to compile very very old and outdated sources.
>MySQLmodule is ling dead. Long live MySQLdb!

You are probably right. But, when I do a search on zope.org for "Software
Products" with the word "mysql" I receive this:

ZMySQLDA 1999/11/02
Python MySQL Database Interface 1999/09/16
Zope MySQL Database Adapter 2000/12/29

So what do you mean with MySQLdb? Oh: when I go to the last link ("Zope
MySQL Database Adapter") it tells me that it is modified 2001/09/06 and
there suddenly is a link to MySQLdb. Why doesn't this one show up in my
previous search?

Why not just remove the old stuff from 1999?