[Zope] Ordered Folder not returning contents as ordered

Chris Humphries chumphries@devis.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:28:07 +0000

Hello all,
     Before i start hacking away at Ordered Folder code, can someone
  please shed light on why, this doesnt work:

--snip--
    # aq_parent is there for a reason, and it is reading in the
    # correct place, that has been verified by it's contents
    for dir in context.aq_parent.objectValues('Ordered Folder'):
--snip--

  The above works in the sence that it does return back every ordered
  folder in the context there, but they are not in order. the context
  of where it is reading the objectValues from is in an OrderedFolder.
  Ex:

    context_orderedFolder

         --- orderedFolder1

         --- orderedFolder2

         --- orderedFolder3

  The order that it returns them in is strange in that i dont see a
  pattern, at least an obvious one. They are not even returned in the
  order they were created, and I tested with using just a regular
  Folder and i get back the same exact results. Seems that OrderedFolder
  is not behaving as ordered. IMO, it should always return its contents
  as ordered however i reference it.

  Anyone have advice on something that i may be missing that is obvious,
  or routes to take on the "correct" method of correcting this before I
  plunge into the OrderedFolder code and return with a patch?

thanks,
Chris Humphries