[Zope] Domain docroot

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:41:29 -0500

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:31:49PM -0300, Nicolas Rodriguez wrote:
> You just have to look at z2.py.
> It has a lot of parameters that allows you to set the servers ports:
> For example:
> z2.py -w 80
> sets the web server to port 80 (default HTTP port).
>
> Nico.-

This is correct, but partial.  This works only if you do not have
another web server already on the computer hosting zope.

If you already have a webserver in place, then you have to configure
it to pass some data into zope.  with apache this is usually done
with mod_rewrite or mod_proxy.

In these kinds of queries, it would be very helpful to look at the
mail list archives (this is a common question), and to include
platform details, i.e., operating system and version,
distribution (if linux).

Note:  if your employees need external access from the Internet
you probably want to use a https proxy.

Jim Penny