[Zope] Authentication depending on client domain ?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:29:05 +0100

Gilles Lenfant writes:
 > This is perhaps not a strict Zope problem, but I need to have some parts of
 > an extranet wiewable WITHOUT authentication from the LAN but WITH
 > authentication from Internet.
 > Has someone an idea for this ?
Zope could do that in earlier versions automatically:

  If a user had an empty password and a domain restriction,
  requests from this domain were authenticated automatically
  as this user.

It was considered a security hole (request IP addresses can quite
easily be forged) and disabled by default.

There is a method that enables the previous behaviour.
Search the mailing list archives or look at the sources
("AccessControl.User") to find its name.

Dieter