[Zope] Bulk User Import

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:43:52 -0500

--Apple-Mail-1--950822520

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 02:20 , Allen May wrote:

> I currently have 2800 users in a database.
> It contains their UserIDs and encrypted passwords.
>
> Can I either A) point Zope to MySQL to use this DB for user
> validation in Zope or B) import the data from the MySQL DB into
> Zope?

Go with A). Use LoginManager. There are several HOWTOs on zope.org
for using it with an SQL user source. Use jok's - I found it to be
more straightforward.

Give me a holler if it makes no sense. I've done it twice now.

Zachery Bir <zbir@urbanape.com>
<URL:http://www.urbanape.com/>

--Apple-Mail-1--950822520

<excerpt>I currently have 2800 users in a database.

It contains their UserIDs and encrypted passwords.

Can I either A) point Zope to MySQL to use this DB for user validation
in Zope or B) import the data from the MySQL DB into Zope?

</excerpt>

Go with A). Use LoginManager. There are several HOWTOs on zope.org for
using it with an SQL user source. Use jok's - I found it to be more
straightforward.

Give me a holler if it makes no sense. I've done it twice now.

Zachery Bir <<zbir@urbanape.com>

<<URL:http://www.urbanape.com/>

--Apple-Mail-1--950822520--