[Zope] relative path to objects in <dtml-var>

Roy Mathew roymath@yahoo.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:22:08 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I am trying to use acquisition to include images in my webpages. My intent
is to have a central directory of Images, and several other hierararchies
of Zope objects that use those images.

For example, witness the following structure:

  Images/gifs/x.gif
  Images/pngs/x.png
  Content/A/page1_dtml  (contains: <dtml-var x.gif>)
  Content/B/page1_dtml  (contains: <dtml-var x.png>)

My understanding of using pathnames in acquisition, is that one needs
to insert the minimum relative path to the images from a reachable
parent folder, that one can get away with, somewhere in the referring URL.

Now, if I use the URL
  http://localhost/Content/Images/gifs/A/page1_dtml
OR
  http://localhost/Content/Images/pngs/B/page1_dtml
thing work fine.

What I would really like to do is be able to specify the paths to the images
inside
of the dtml file itself, something like:
  Content/A/page1_dtml  (contains: <dtml-var Images/gifs/x.gif>)
  Content/B/page1_dtml  (contains: <dtml-var Images/pngs/x.png>)

so that my URLS can be simpler, like:
  http://localhost/Content/A/page1_dtml
  http://localhost/Content/B/page1_dtml
and still find the gifs.

But this fails in ZOPE; can someone show me the light please!

Thanks,
Roy Mathew.