[Zope] eCommerce with Zope

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:36:17 +0100

Hi,

> Howdy!
>
> I wonder how on-the fly verification of e.g. credit cards or whatever
> else verification that could take some time can be done using Zope if
> Zope doesn't support multipart content.
>
> As a user I'd expect to get an immediate feedback like "verifying your
> credit card ... (please wait)" or "checking whether this domain name is
> available ..." and then after a while see the results without any further
> action. This is would be a typical job for multipart content-type,
> wouldn't it?
>
> Is there a workaround or so to get this done with Zope?

Sure. Multipart only works with Netrape anyway.
The most elegant solution so far is to use a
so called meta-refresh
URL=http://anywhere/anything?anyparam=anyvalue">
It only works this way with this meta tag in the html-header.
Using real http-header causes the browser to not load the
page at all.
So what happens? After submitting the form the user is immediately
presented with this page which starts to load the next page
at the same moment. This page shows as long as it takes to
get answer from the next request. Almost like klicking
on an ordninary link.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain