[Zope] How do I get the first ten characters of a string?

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:36:40 +0100

Chris Withers schrieb:

 > Lars Heber wrote:
 > >
 > > <dtml-let myTest="'some really senseless blah'">
 > > <dtml-var *first 10 characters of myTest*>
 > > </dtml-let>
 >
 > <dtml-var "myTest[:10]">
 >
 > cheers,
 >
 > Chris

 I tested it out - didn't work.

 I wanted to do that with a date:

     <dtml-let datum="ZopeTime()+7">
 <dtml-var "datum[:10]">
    </dtml-let>

 "Date is unsliceable"... ??? What I want to get is just the date
without the time!

 Any ideas?

Some more questions:

- I'd like to give my each instance of my ZClass a title, which is then
shown in the folder window, just like documents for example.
I tried to simply create a property "title" in my property sheet, but as

expected, it of course didn't refer to that property to show it in the
overview.

- How can I get the source code of manage_main? I'd like to modify it a
little within my ZClass.

Thanks to you all!!!

 Lars