[Zope] Zope ODB Recovery questions

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:53:50 -0800

Hello!

I'm trying to recover a Zope installation that stopped working
yesterday, from the previous night's backed up copy of the ZODB, and I
have several questions. Hopefully someone can help?

The management interface is coming up after authentication with the
frameset, but two blank frames on left and right..(no content)

Should all the files be owned by the Zope owner, and is there anyplace
where I can find documentaion on the proper permissions for everything?

The Zope owner (in my case www-data, because I'm on a Debian Linux
system) owns everything now, should www-data own *all* of the files?

Can anyone think why a working DCOracle installation would suddenly stop
working? Along with everything else, suddenly, it is not functioning and
I'm getting in the sqlnet.log dump file an 'error 12545' which from what
I can gather, means that the DCOracle isnt making it to the network..
Another Zope install I have is working fine..as far as I can see, they
are identical.

This whole problem started yesterday with some corrupted data getting
through DCOracle into our Oracle 7.3.4 DB, causing all queries from apps
that returned the corrupted record to drop the connection. That glitch
seems to be what caused todays problem. Has anyone else ever seen this
wierd "domino theory" interaction?

Any help anyone could offer would be very much appreciated. We are a
nonprofit that can't really afford the commercial content management
tools and we have come to depend on Zope quite a bit.

*Thank you!*

Chris
cbeaumon@msri.org