[Zope] Adding properties to all objects of a certain type

Carl Blesius cblesius@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:55:00 +0100 (CET)

I want to add certain properties to objects of a certain type without
having to use the web interface (there are too many of them)...

e.g. I would like to add the following properties to all folders:
title_en (string), nickname (string), nickname_en (string), template
(string), reviewed (boolean)
and the following to all DTML-Documents:
lang (string), nickname (string), template (string), keywords (string),
author (string), reviewed (boolean)

A few documents and folders on the site have these properties already (is
this a problem?).

And after I add these properties to all documents and folders how do I get
Zope to add them to new ones automatically?
I want to keep everything as simple as possible... i.e. no Z Class to
worry about when upgrading, etc.

Concrete examples would be appreciated (theoretically I know it is
possible with Zope considering what I have been able to do up to this
point as a greenhorn!).

Thanks,

Carl.