[Zope] Rendering Properties

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:20:11 +0100 (CET)

Bodo Bauer writes:

 > --vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL
Please do not post MIME messages!

 > is there a way to render properties?
 >
 > I'd like to include dtml tags in properties. However if I try those won't=
 > =20
 > be executed/rendered properly. i end up with the exact dtml tags send to
 > the browser.=20
Properties are considered simple meta data. It is not forseen to
render them.

You have several options:

 * make your objects folderish ZInstances and use DTML objects
   as complex property replacements.

   You will loose property defaults defined by the class

 * use a Python Script or External Method to explicitly convert
   your property string value into a DocumentTemplate

Dieter