[Zope] Proposal: Include tino's patched <dtml-in> in future Zope

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 06:48:45 +0000

On 26/2/01 3:30 pm, "Hamish Lawson" <hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I propose including tino's patched version of the <dtml-in> tag in a
> future version of Zope.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/tino/in_tag_patch/

So long as it doesn't break anything - it's an excellent idea.

> It provides two enhancements:
>
> 1. For all variables that include hyphens there are aliases that use
> underscores.
>
> So instead of
>
>   <dtml-var expr="_['sequence-item'] * 3">
>
> you can write
>
>   <dtml-var expr="sequence_item * 3">

Gotta agree with that! - *every* time I have to explain about namespaces and
the like to someone in our group who just wants to display the number of the
row returned from a ZSQL query I silently curse Zope (but very silently, and
under my breath, for indeed - it is a *powerful* system and has sharp pointy
teef!).

Please DC troops - if this *isn't* a dealstopper anywhere, can we have this
in 2.3.1? Pretty please?

Tone out.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140