[Zope] WebDrive vs Zope?

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:44:19 +0100

While reading chapter 3 of  Dieter Maurers "Building Dynamic
WebSites with Zope" (a fine piece of work, btw!), I followed the
reference to WebDrive (a product mapping anything accessible by
ftp or by webdav to drive letters, i.e. into the file system on
windows) and gave it a try. ftp works reasonably well with Zope, but
I couldn't get the webdav support (i was looking for) to work.

It connects successfully. but displays an empty drive, afterwards. I
can create documents there (which indeed arrive intact in Zope),
but that's it - there is no way to see any of the existing files or
folders at all!  This behaviour is independent of whether I log in
using an id with manager rights or anonymously. In the latter case,
I can't create any files, of coures.

Before digging deeper into it, I'd like to ask whether any of you has
any hints. As it seems, it works for some people. Tres Seaver
recommended WebDrive in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zope/message/51235 for example.

(I'm using WebDrive 3.0 with a almost fresh Zope 2.3.1b1
installation on win2000, btw.)

-- ws