[Zope] User home directories

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:52:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Craig Dunigan wrote:

> Okay, I'm still really new, but I have to start helping out sooner or
> later, so here goes.

Thanks for your suggestion!

> I do something similar by assigning a local role of Manager to each user
> for his/her own folder.  It may then be possible (more knowledgable
> people, come to my rescue here!) to create all of the user folders from a
> single account with a global role of Manager, since ownership is not an
> issue if the user has local Manager permissions?

That is possible, and would work well, I think, but if I could get it
working, I think Owner would be better.

I was hoping to take the Owner route b/c I'd have to set up the local role
of Mgr for *each* folder for each person (I don't want Jim to manage
Jeff's folder), whereas with the Owner schema I can (should be able
to?) simple assign for the enclosing /home folder that Owners have certain
rights, and as the folders get created, they get those rights.

(Plus, part of the challenge would be that I don't *want* them to do many
things that Managers can do--I'd have to create a new Role,
'ContentCreator' or somesuch, with certain permissions, and have them get
that, not the Manager role.)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>