[Zope] Zope memory usage -- files?

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pitt.edu
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 06:35:54 -0500

Does a similar memory usage issue occur with file objects? We're interested
in using Zope for classroom support in which students will upload Powerpoint
and PDF files into Zope for general distribution before using them in
classroom presentations. These files can range from 50K to ~ 3M and over the
course of a semester we might accumulate more than 20 of them per class. I
don't have a problem with the size of data.fs, but caching large numbers of
these in RAM isn't necessary.

It would seem that the desired functionality for a file would be to serve it
from the disk without caching.

Jim Harrison
Univ. of Pittsburgh