[Zope] LoginManager in another folder

Joh Johannsen jojo@farm9.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:16:37 -0800

I've been using LoginManager for a while with no problem, in a folder.
So any access to that folder and subfolders requires a login.

Now I'm trying to duplicate exactly that functionality in another
folder, and it is just not working.  So if my hierarchy is like this:

folder X
  folder Y
    acl_users

I can copy folder Y, and the acl_users doesn't work, but I can copy
folder X and it does!  Anyway, pretty much anything I tried here just
did not work (I just wanted it to work exactly the same as the one I was
copying)

So plan B:  start all over.  Using HowTo
http://www.zope.org/Members/jok/SQL_based_LoginManager

I create a document "test" viewable only to my "TestRole", and it does
not acquire any permissions.

When I try to view that page, as expected, I get bumped over to the
"loginForm".

The problem: the loginForm just gives a traceback.  Why do I just see
this traceback instead of the form?

Did I miss some step in the How-To?

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222,

in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187,

in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162,

in publish
  File
/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/Hotfix_2000-10-02/__init__.py, line
327, in traverse
  File /var/zope/Products/LoginManager/LoginManager.py, line 147, in
lm_unauth
    (Object: Transactional)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py, line 177, in
__call__
    (Object: loginForm)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
line 528, in __call__
    (Object: loginForm)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DocumentTemplate/DT_Raise.py,
line 128, in render
    (Object: 'LoginRequired')
LoginRequired: (see above)

-->