[Zope] OT: Upgrading postgresql

bak@nstp.com.my bak@nstp.com.my
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:47:29 +0800

On Thursday 08 February 2001 03:34, Steve Drees wrote:
> I'm gonna bite the bullet and upgrade to the 7.0.x branch of postgresql
> (from 6.5.3) on a production server. Has anybody done this already and =
have
> some pointer, especially with regards to keeping the ZPygresqlDA produc=
> working?

hi
i've upgraded four instances of my installation, from postgresql-6.5.2/3 =
to=20
7.00.2/3

and these are the steps i took.

pg_dumpall > db.out
rpm -U post*
start postgres
change pg_hba to include neccessary host/ip
change start file to include -o "-S -i -N 100 -B 200"
psql -e template1 <db.out=20

and ZPygreSQL works just fine.  i never tested reinstalling ZPygreSQL tho=
ugh.

but since your on postgres7.0.x, why not use PoPy/ZPoPyDA?  the PoPy=20
developer claims that PoPY/ZPoPYDA is level 2 thread safety, and it is=20
actively maintained.