[Zope] 2.3.0 really not Beta?

Ben Edwards List Acc bedwards2@gifford.co.uk
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:46:55 GMT

>> I don't understand why it can be declared as 'stable' with such behaving.

>> Where these bugs not detected in beta phase?
>
>   It was declared "stable" exactly because no one caugth such behaviour.
>In the world of free software it is *you* who test software, send patches
>to authors, etc. No one ought to do something special for you. Why didn't
>you test 2.3 betas and caught these errors? Ah, you want only stable
>software! Then pay for it! Either you must (I said "must") pay with your
>time (test betas, make patches) or you can pay money. Buy a contract. DC
>will provide you with all neccessary details about their contracts.
>   Good luck!

True if a little harsh.  I guess software is considered stable if no one who
was testing it (with with zope I guess is a LOT of people) found problems which
could not be put down to there configuration.  You are assuming your system
(i.e. your computer/os) is perfect.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news but yust
because software douse not work for YOU dose not mean that it is the softwares
fault.  Also I should point out that just cos you spend megabuks on software
dose not mean it is stable.  From my point

ben

--
ben@videonetwork.org                +44 (0)7970 269 522
http://www.subvertise.org           -- Altering the Corporate Image