[Zope] 2.3.0 really not Beta?

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:33:44

>Absoluteley not. But it is strange to see people demanding stable software
>without doing something good for it.

I will tell you what I did for Zope:

I created a CD-ROM with video presentations of the
ease of using Zope. As far as I know there doesn't
exist such stuff on the Zope site. That's why we
created it ourselves. Open Source doesn't only live
of the programmers. There are the guys too who
fight with the dummy managers who think only
micro~1.oft Software is good business software.
But of course this is some work you cannot see
on this mailing list.

>Now something more constructive.
>First time I installed 2.3 I
>copied old Data.fs from 2.2.5, but later I found that 2.3 has much nicer
>interface, and I wanted to preserve its original root folder, so I
>restarted 2.2.5, exported all folders, and imported them to fresh 2.3. I
>also copied all products (except for SiteAccess - it is bundled with 2.3,
>finally) and reimported all ZClassess (I use 2 such >Products).

I did it exactly the same way except of the
reimporting of ZClasses. There is no such
product. The only product may be LocalFS.
which I installed AFTER the reimporting of
the exported object-tree.

Thank you, this was a really constructive note.