[Zope] HiperDom ImportError

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:57:02 +0100

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:36:40AM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Installed PyXML 0.6.3 from RPM, Python version is 1.5.2. Unpacked
> HiperDom 0.4.0 (DC version) into my Products folder and started Zope
> (v2.3.0 compiled from source). I get the following traceback:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/local/devel/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 530,
>   in import_products
>     product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>   File
>
> "/home/serva/Development/zope/lib/python/Products/HiperDom/__init__.py",
>   line 3, in ?
>     import HiperDomTemplate
>   File
>
> "/home/serva/Development/zope/lib/python/Products/HiperDom/HiperDomTempl
> ate.py",
>   line 17, in ?
>     import HiperDomStrategies, DomWrapper, utils
>   File
>
> "/home/serva/Development/zope/lib/python/Products/HiperDom/HiperDomStrat
> egies.py",
>   line 3, in ?
>     from xml.dom.Node import Node
> ImportError: No module named Node
>
> Any ideas? Am I missing some vital bit of documentation, a README or am
> I not the only one running into problems?

I ported HiperDom to PyXML 0.6.2 that had some big problems with the
parser. Some of the issues were addressed in 0.6.3, but some changes to
0.6.3 indeed breaks HiperDom.

I believe Lalo states in the README you can use PyXML 0.6.x, which is a
bug in the documentation.

There will be a ParsedXML based HiperDom out in about 2 weeks (pending the
release of ParsedXML), so I won't be fixing these issues. In the meantime,
you'll have to switch back to PyXML 0.6.2, or fix it yourself..

The above traceback can be fixed by changing 'from xml.dom.Node import
Node' to 'from xml.dom import Node'.

--
Martijn Pieters