[Zope] some bugs (?) in zope 2.3.0

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:27:39 -0500

> I found some strange behaviours while trying to develop an
> application with
> Zope 2.3.0 (src dist, on RedHat Linux 6.0).
>
> - when I try to change the attributes of a user, the password and confirm
> form fields contain the strings "password" and "confirm" respectively,
> instead of the real password

This is intentional, to avoid exposing passwords (which would
otherwise be in plain text in the html source).

> - cut'ting objects from folders doesn't update the display (i.e. the cut'
> objects are still visible. they disappear after pasting to another folder)

Cutting the objects does not remove them, it merely places
a reference to them on your clipboard. The objects should not
seem to disappear - you haven't done anything with them yet.
For comparison, look at Windows: you 'cut' objects in the
explorer and it just gives you a visual clue by making the
icons somewhat translucent. I suppose we could give a (less
fancy) visual clue in the UI, but they should not disappear.

You could add a feature request to the collector for that if
you like.

> - when I create Product and add an object (e.g. DTML file) and add a proxy
> role, I can't take that proxy role away. The management
> interfaces says that
> at least one role must be selected.

Thats a bug that is fixed for 2.3.1.

> - when I create Product and add an object (e.g. DTML file) and
> try to change
> security settings, e.g. try to map "Access contents information" to
> "Access contents information" I get the following error message on submit:
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: too many arguments; expected 2, got 3

Also fixed in CVS and for 2.3.1.

Thanks!

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909