[Zope] Java applet naming problem

Geoffrey L. Wright gwright@integritysi.com
08 Feb 2001 15:30:19 -0900

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> writes:

> Geoffrey L. Wright writes:
>  > I need to set up a Java applet to work w/Zope.  Normally no big deal,
>  > but this one (IPIX) happens to include a file named "ipix$.class".  I
>  > don't have access to the source, so I can't do anything about the
>  > unfortunate inclusion of the $ in the file name.  What's the best
>  > solution to this situation?  Write an external method that called the
>  > applet and then call the external method?
>
> Someone else already suggested to put the class into a "jar" archive.
> Do that if you can.
>
> If not and you are using Zope 2.3, then you can look at
> PythonScript. It allows you to intercept subpaths,
> analyse them and do something sensefull with them.
> In your case, they could translate '$' into '_' and access
> the object in a nearby folder.

Mananged to dodge the problem by upgrading to a slightly newer version
of the product that changes the naming scheme of the files to one that
doesn't include and URL-illegal characters.

But neat trick with the python script...  Hadn't thought of that, but
I'll remember it in case I ever run into a similar problem...

--
Geoffrey L. Wright
Developer / Systems Administrator

(907) 563-2721 ex. 4900