[Zope] Excavating for Clues

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:54:25 +0100 (CET)

Spicklemire, Jerry writes:
 > In simplest terms, how can I leverage Zope to point from one page
 > to another and make certain that the troublesome parameters are
 > no longer around to cause problems?
Difficult question.

  It is not Zope that puts them there. If they are really
  around, then the browser did this.

  Maybe one of the other "Redirect" status codes
  defined by HTTP/1.1 can help you.
  But beware, HTTP/1.0 clients probably will not
  understand them.

 > > Why are you unhappy about the parameters.
 > > Usually, they do not hurt.
 >
 > My guess is that it's the Acrobat plug-in isn't happy about them,
 > so it can't just display the .PDF file, instead it generates an
 > error message. However, all I have to do is to hit
Very strange indeed.

  My current understanding suggests that the Acrobat plug-in
  should not see them.
  I would expect, the browser makes the redirection,
  fetches the HTTP response, recognizes from the
  "Content-Type" that it is something handled by a plugin
  and transfers it to this plugin.

But I am not a plugin expert...

By the way, you do not need a redirect to deliver
a PDF file.
If you are *VERY* careful about whitespace,
you can deliver it with a DTML object:

    <dtml-var "fileobject.index_html(REQUEST,RESPONSE)">

However, I fear, if parameters are really your problem,
then it will remain, as there are parameters that you
want to get rid off.

Dieter

Dieter