[Zope] Possible 'Copy' Bug in 2.3.0

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:15:26 -0500

Edmund Goppelt wrote:

> Attempting to copy objects within a login manager object produces the
> following error under 2.3.0.  Copy works correctly inside a login
> manager object in 2.2.4.
>
>          Error Type: KeyError
>          Error Value: manage_tabs

This is the third product where I've seen this particular bug occur.
The problem is that CopySupport.py was changed in such a way that it now
invokes the folder contents view with one less argument.  Folder.py was
changed accordingly.  But all products which show a special folder
contents view, such as BTreeFolder, ZPatterns, and now LoginManager,
also need the same change.  I have updated BTreeFolder.

The easy fix is to search for all occurences of "HTMLFile" in the
product code and replace them with "DTMLFile".  Product authors can use
a try/except clause to maintain backward compatibility; look at how
BTreeFolder does the import.

Shane