[Zope] Missing usingWithEmacs Howto

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:06:52 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

the Howto
   http://www.zope.org/Members/nemeth/usingEmacsWith
is missing from the Zope site.  I have a copy of this document on my
local disk but I'm missing the images
   learningzope-zopedevenv.png
   learningzope-emacs.png
which possibly solve my problem, which is the following:

I can read Objects into Emacs but can not save the edited DTML text.
I'm sure that the problem described in

   Before using emacs with your Zope repository you should be aware of
   that
    1. You cannot use version objects via FTP. If you open a file stored
       in Zope with emacs it is always opened outside of any version
       object. If someone changed a document in a version, and you open
       that document, you will get the original version, but you cannot
       save your changes.

doesn't occure because there isn't any other user on my offline box,
which I used for testing.

Any hint what might go wrong here?

Kind regards

               Andreas.