[Zope] planning new site, Zope questions

Henk Schets henk@poppunt.be
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:20:49 +0100

Hi,

we're planning a major update of our site and we are considering using Zope
for it.  However, I still have some questions left :
(Note : we are absolute beginners in Zope)
- we have no experience in developing with Python, is it easy to adopt this
language ?
- for the site content, we have non-professional writers (they don't
even know html).  So we will need a simple to use content management system.
I understand, the management screens are suiteable.  Is there some way to
customize these for super-inexperienced people ?
- the site will need a good search engine.  Since we will be putting all of
our articles in a separate database, is it still possible to use ZCatalog ?
- how easy is it to maintain an Enhydra based website ?  Generally and
technically speaking ofcourse, I understand this has a lot to do with
the complexity of it.
- could you point me to some 'large' sites using Zope ?  I have to convince
some people ;-)

Thank you very much !

Henk