[Zope] KDE's Konqueror

Geoffrey L. Wright geoff@northernwastes.org
14 Feb 2001 01:20:30 -0900

Curtis Maloney <curtis@cardgate.net> writes:

> Unfortunately, I have yet to find a usable browser for Linux that is
> better than Netscape.  But Konq is showing the most promise.

I'm normally a Gnome sort of person, so I haven't touched Konq for a
LONG time.  Last I played with it, it felt pretty raw, but I've heard
all sorts of nice things about it lately.

Mozilla is also (finally) starting to shape up.  I've have really good
luck with the 0.7 release.  One it's up, it renders nicely and seems
to interact with Zope well.

It is a pig, though.  I have LinuxPPC running on a G4 450, and it does
really well there.  But my primary development box at work is a PII
350, and Mozilla on that box is frustratingly slow to start.

Galeon (http://galeon.sourceforge.net) is nice, and zipper than
Mozilla.  But it has some occasional strange issues with the Zope
management interface.  I was using it as my regular browser, but
(happily) I've been doing so much Zope development recently that I've
switched back to strait mozilla.

I do like Mozilla a lot better than NS for Zope development, if only
for the fact that it gives me a much better idea of how things are
going to render on IE than NS4.5.x does...

> Saying that, I have not tried Opera in some time... perhaps they've
> addresses some of THEIR issuse... it could be worth a
> try...http://www.opera.com

Would be interested to hear how well it interacts w/Zope...

> Have a better one,
> 	Curtis Maloney.

//glw