[Zope] How to use PropertySheets

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel andres@mail.mamey.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:54:15 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to write a Python Product (i.e. not a ZClass!) that has
multiple property sheets on its management interface.

I've experimented with inheriting from PropertyManager, and that works
fine. But what I really want is to have collections of different
properties under different tabs.

Can someone point out another Product or any resource on how to implement this. I've been reading lib/python/OFS/PropertySheets.py but
my attempts have failed.

This is an outline of what I have tried:

class MyNiftyProduct(Zope classes):
    .
    .
    .
    someProperties = ({'id':'foo', 'type':'string', 'mode':'wd'},)
    myPropertySheet = PropertySheet('bar')

    manage_options = ....{'id':'Foo', properties', 'action':'myPropertySheet.manage_Form'}
    .

Please excuse the syntax for the manage_options tuple, I don't have
the code in front of me and cannot recall it properly.

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres@mamey.com
Director of Technology    http://www.mamey.com
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 529-9993