[Zope] (correct)How to customize my date?

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:39:26 -0800

Hello,

Unless I don't fully understand your problem, bobobase_modification_time is
what you want to play with...

Here's some DTML I use on my site to display the formatted "last modified"
date for my objects.  It is in a DTML method called "LastModified" and is at
the root level of my Zope tree.  It can therefore be called from any object
in the hierarchy and will display the Last Modified date of that object:

-----8<-- Start Snip --8<-----
<dtml-comment>
This will display the last modified date of whatever page it is referenced
in
</dtml-comment>
<dtml-with expr="this"><dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt="Month">
<dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt=day>, <dtml-var
bobobase_modification_time fmt="%Y"></dtml-with>
-----8<-- End Snip --8<-----

To use the method above, I insert the following into a DTML method:
<dtml-var LastModified>
and it will display something like:
Last modified on February 14, 2001

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

Eric.