[Zope] MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:34:18 +1000

+-------[ Albert Langer ]----------------------
| If you *really*:
|
| a) don't need transactions now
|
| and
|
| b) won't need transactions ever
|
| then MySQL could be fine.
|
| However Postgresql is both both dramatically faster and dramatically more
| stable for most "high load" applications such as you are interested in:
|
| http://apachetoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-08-14-008-01-PR-MR-SW

Just read the fine print on this one, that's across ODBC connections.

I guess it's the only interface for standardised testing though, although
they could have gone to the trouble to use native interfaces, but, I suspect
the performance would turn out to be crappy for all the major players involved.
--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |